This tasty variation on Caesar salad dressing uses silken tofu in place of eggs.
Skill Level: Beginner
Total Time: 45 minutes
1/3 cup Almonds, slivered
3 cloves Garlic, peeled, crushed
¾ cup Silken tofu
¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
3 T Fresh lemon juice
1 T Capers
4 tsp Caper brine
1 tsp Sugar
½ tsp Mustard powder
¼ tsp Kosher salt
- In food processor, pulse slivered almonds until crumbly.
- Empty ground almonds into an airtight container that will be used to store the finished dressing.
- Blend the garlic, tofu and olive oil in food processor until creamy.
- Add the lemon juice, capers, caper brine, sugar, mustard powder and salt and pulse until blended.
- Adjust the lemon juice or salt to taste.
- Put dressing into container with the ground almonds and whisk to combine.
- Allow the dressing to chill for at least 30 minutes and ideally up to 1 ½ hours before serving.
Serving Size: ~1 ½ T
Nutrition Information: contains almonds, gluten-free, dairy free
Carbohydrates: 2 g
Protein: 2 g
Fat: 10 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sodium: 100 mg