Every day this week, we're featuring one yoga posture that will help you increase your sense of stability and groundedness. Today's pose is Tree Pose.
Whenever you could use a little more steadiness and groundedness in your life, look no further than the trees! Tree pose is a quick and efficient way to simultaneously connect with the ground beneath your feet as well as the vast sky above you.
To practice tree pose:
- Start in mountain pose to ground through both feet equally and evenly
- Shift all of your body weight into your left foot to come up onto your right toes
- You are welcome to stay here
- If you feel steady, you can lean your heel against your ankle, lift it up to meet your calf muscle, or bring your foot to your inner thigh
- Rest your hands on your hips, bring them together at heart’s center, or stretch up toward the sky like branches
- Enjoy Tree as you Root to Rise!
Join us tomorrow for our last grounding pose, Happy Baby Pose.
Sign up to be notified of new Daily Inspiration posts: