You can use other vegetables with this pickling recipe such as red onion, thinly sliced beets, or thinly sliced carrots. Pickled vegetables make a great snack to satisfy those salty-and-crunchy cravings.
1 quart White distilled vinegar
4 quarts Water
¼ cup Honey, local
¼ cup Kosher salt
10 each Black Peppercorns, whole
¼ cup Dill, fresh, coarsely chopped
4 each Cucumbers, large, rinsed, thin sliced
4 each Ball Jars, quart sized (mason jars)
- In a large pot, bring all ingredients to a boil.
- Once boiled, turn off the heat and allow the pickling liquid to come to room temperature.
- Place one sliced cucumber and 1 T. of dill in each Ball Jar.
- Pour the room temperature pickling liquid evenly among each Ball Jar (over the cucumbers).
- Seal cucumbers with lid of jar and rest/cool in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours prior to eating.
- Once open, the pickles will last 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator. If left unsealed, the pickles will stay fresh for 2-3 months. Each jar should yield 10-12 servings.
Serving Size: 5-6 pickles
Nutrition Information: gluten-free, dairy free, nut free
Carbohydrates: 2 gm
Protein: 0 gm
Fat: 0 gm
Fiber: 0 gm
Sodium: 480 mg