This delicious frittata makes a protein-packed breakfast or brunch. Serve it over fresh greens and tomatoes with warm bacon vinaigrette for a delicious complete meal.
Skill Level: Beginner
Total Time: 75 minutes
1 ½ cups Quinoa, cooked
2 T Extra virgin olive oil
1 each Red onion, small diced
2 each Zucchini, rinsed, small diced
1 each Yellow squash, rinsed, small diced
½ tsp Kosher salt
¼ tsp White pepper, ground
2-4 T Basil, chopped
12 each Eggs, local
½ cup Whole milk, local if possible
¾ cup Cheddar cheese, shredded, local cheese if possible (high quality)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook quinoa according to package and set aside.
3. Preheat a large saute pan to medium heat. Add extra virgin olive oil followed by the red
4. Cook onion for 3-4 minutes then add the zucchini and summer squash. Add the salt and
pepper and cook for another 5-10 minutes until vegetables are soft and cooked through.
5. In a medium mixing bowl, add eggs and milk and whisk until combined.
6. Spray a 13 x 9 glass casserole pan with oil.
7. Evenly distribute the quinoa, vegetables and basil at the bottom of the casserole pan.
8. Pour the egg/milk mixture on top of vegetables and quinoa. Top with cheddar cheese.
9. Bake frittata in oven for 35-40 minutes or until the center has set (doesn’t jiggle).
10. Allow the frittata to rest for at least 15-20 minutes prior to slicing. You can allow it to
rest in the oven (turn off heat). Slice the frittata into 8 portions.
You can also serve on a bed of spinach with warm bacon vinaigrette.
Serving Size: square/rectangular piece roughly 4 x 4 inches
Nutrition Information: gluten-free, nut free
Carbohydrates: 13 gms
Protein: 14 gms
Fat: 15 gms
Fiber: 2 gms
Sodium: 300 mg