Cauliflower is a great substitute for starchier potatoes, and it packs more nutrition in every bite. Pair with grilled salmon and green beans for a delicious meal.
Skill Level: Beginner
Total Time: 20 minutes
1 each Cauliflower head, large, leaves and core removed, use florets
1/3 cup Milk of choice (local milk if possible)
1 ½ T. Grass-fed butter
¼ tsp. White pepper
¼ tsp. – ½ tsp. Kosher salt (season to taste)
1. Preheat ovento 350 degrees.
2. Bring a large pot filled with salted water to a boil (use about ¼ tsp. of salt).
3. Boil cauliflower florets for 7-8 minutes. A fork should slightly go through the stems (not completely tender).
4. Remove cauliflower from water and place on non-stick baking sheet.
5. Bake cauliflower in oven for 5 minutes to help dry out the florets.
6. Once done, add cauliflower to food processor.
7. Heat milk and butter in the microwave for 30-45 seconds (medium power) until butter has melted.
8. Add liquid to cauliflower followed by salt and white pepper.
9. Puree cauliflower until smooth.
Serving Size: ½ cup cooked
Nutrition Information: gluten-free, potentially nut free
Carbohydrates: 11 gms
Protein: 4 gms
Fat: 5 gms
Fiber: 4 gms
Sodium: 310 mg