Skill Level: Beginner
Total Time: 75 minutes
4, 5 oz. portions Shrimp, jumbo, deveined, skewered
¼ cup Barbeque Sauce, house made or lower sugar brand
12 cups Arugula or greens of choice
1 pint Blackberries, rinsed
1 pint Raspberries, rinsed
2 each Golden beets, roasted
½ cup Cucumber, rinsed, halved
¼ cup Pine nuts, toasted
½ cup Goat cheese, local if possible, crumbled
4 servings Cilantro Vinaigrette or Vinaigrette of choice
- Roast beets at 350 degrees for ~60 minutes. Set aside. Cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Prepare Vinaigrette of choice and set aside.
- Prepare Barbeque sauce if desired and set aside.
- Skewer shrimp on pre-soaked wooden skewers (soak in hot water).
- Lightly oil outdoor grill with grapseed oil then bring to high heat.
- Place shrimp skewers on grill and cook on both sides ~2-3 minutes.
- Once done, place on plate and lightly toss or coat with barbeque sauce. The heat from the shrimp should heat up the barbeque sauce (feel free to lightly coat shrimp with sauce while on the grill – avoid extreme dripping into the grill).
- Place greens in large mixing bowl and toss with Vinaigrette of choice.
- To serve, add greens to large salad bowl then top with golden beets, cucumber, mixed berries, toasted pine nuts.
- Top with 1 skewer and 2 T. of goat cheese. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 5 oz. shrimp skewer + composed salad
Nutrition Information: gluten-free, contains dairy and nuts
Carbohydrates: 40 g
Protein: 29 g
Fat: 18 g
Fiber: 7 g
Sodium: 980 mg
Embrace Healthy Eating!
This recipe is courtesy of the culinary team at Skyterra Wellness Retreat, led by Executive Chef Michael Vess and Registered Dietitian Lindsey Ford. Guests enjoy our chef-prepared, dietitian-approved meals as part of our all-inclusive feel-good wellness program. Learn more or follow along with us on Facebook or Instagram.