It does not matter whether it is January or March; there is no better time than now for a new beginning. Many times we make exclusive goals in January that commonly become distant, unattained, or neglected by March! At any time during the year, make a commitment to YOU. Invest in yourself by promising to provoke more positivity this year.
By acknowledging the abundance in our lives, we awaken our positive energy flow. By committing to focus on the essentials for happiness, we fervently sow self-compassion, joy, respect, efficacy, accomplishment and satisfaction. Let’s intend to let go of the past, live more vibrantly in the present, and free ourselves of unnecessary fear by placing trust in the future. Let’s embark on this journey by inspiring ourselves to appreciate the positive power of NOW.
Health is simply a state of mind. Encouraging a positive attitude and practicing positive thinking techniques can naturally open our being to greater health and optimism. Optimism is identified as the humble roots of living a positive and fulfilling life. My favorite quote that affirms the power of the mind in the now is, “if nothing changes, then nothing changes”. Become more aware that our attitudes and/or perspective account for a majority of our actions. Having an open and optimistic mind empowers accountability. If we remain accountable for good thoughts, good actions will generally be the result.
As we embark on this new beginning, excite your peace, passion and positivity with these simple steps below:
- Understand that the past does not equal the future. Just because you have experienced pain or disappointment in the past, this does not infer that everything that starts off badly will end badly. Have hope for a brighter future.
- View yourself as a cause, not an effect. If you’re not happy with the way your life is currently, set some realistic goals and create positivity around those specified desires. Use your past negative experiences as roots. All roots inspire growth.
- Remember, life involves taking risks- daily. Many actions will lead to amazing and fruitful results but you may never reap the benefits unless you put yourself out there and take the initial risk.
- Affirm to confirm. Use positive affirmations and or mantras. Write down short statements that remind you of where your energy flow needs to go. Put these affirmations in places where you’ll see them every day.
- Keep in mind that life is short. When you feel pessimism clouding your judgments or actions, remind yourself that every moment counts. Any time spent on the negative guarantees less time enjoying life’s positive gifts- especially the gift called the present.
- Try to avoid negative individuals and energies. If you can’t avoid them, learn how to mindfully detach. Remember YOU are in control of YOUR emotions, thoughts, actions and re-actions.
- Ultimately, respect the process and progress. Everyone has his or her times of weakness. You may fall seven times, but stand up eight.
Finally take the advice from a tree. “Stand tall and proud. Sink your roots into the earth. Be content with your natural beauty. Go out on a limb. Drink plenty of water. Remember your roots. Enjoy the view!” … Wishing you a positive and powerful new beginning!