Today our Executive Director Jeff Ford is back with some options for you to take back your time away from worry during this pandemic. Of course, we're not encouraging you to cut off all media consumption specific to COVID-19. Stay informed about the virus and ask smart questions. Don’t let this situation freeze you from taking action.
Here's his second suggestion on staying busy:
2. Write out and get clear on your vision. Most of us plan what we are going to eat for lunch, when we are going to go grocery shopping, and what we are going to do on the weekend. But how many of us actually sit down and actively plan out a vision for life? I’m not talking about a motivational catchphrase that will fit conveniently on a coffee mug. A vision is what you wish to achieve and who you want to become. What could happen, but hasn’t yet? True behavior change is identity change and it’s much easier to do if you have a vision.
A vision can be fleshed out right now by answering these three questions:
- What do you want?
- Who do you want to become?
- How will your life be different when you become this person?
Here are some example answers to get you started:
- I want to lose 15 pounds and create a daily fitness routine
- I want to become the type of person who is consistent and says no more often
- I will feel better in my skin and get back to active things I used to do
Sign up to be notified of new Daily Inspiration posts: