Summer Adventure Week
July 8-15, 2018
Life is too short to walk the beaten path! Join Skyterra's Recreation Director Ellwood Crowell for an enlivening week of adventure. Get back to nature and reinvigorate your life in the process.
This weeklong retreat has the same core Skyterra wellness programming you know and love, with five days of unique and exhilarating outdoor pursuits:
- Opening adventure: a group river float on the North Fork of the French Broad River;
- Guided night hike;
- Special-edition classes: "Mountain Muscle" (caveman-inspired strength workout), Adventure and Outdoor Community Workouts;
- Special outdoor editions of our most-loved Skyterra signature classes (Hiking, Earth Yoga, and Essential Mobility);
- Stand up paddleboarding excursion with picnic lunch at a new offsite location, led by Program Director Amber Shadwick;
- Whitewater rafting expedition;
- Evening bonfire and campfire dessert;
- Semi-private flyfishing lesson with Ellwood.
Experience the magic of summer in the Blue Ridge Mountains! All of these outdoor excursions, combined with the comforts of our all-inclusive experience, make this Adventure Week an unparalleled opportunity to get back to basics, back to nature, and back to you.
What Can You Expect? Sample Weekly Schedule
In addition to Skyterra's core program of classes and activities, adventure retreat participants will wrap the week with five days of outdoor activity. This is a sample schedule; exact times and details may change depending on enrollment and weather. Any questions? Contact us or message us on Facebook.
About Our Adventure Retreat Leaders
Ellwood Crowell, Director of Recreation and Adventure
Ellwood Crowell, lifelong adventurer, is a Utah-raised United States Navy veteran. He has extensive experience leading Wilderness Therapy programs for at-risk youth and adults; he's also CPR, First Aid, and Wilderness First Responder certified. Read more on our Staff page.
Amber Shadwick will be lending her talents and experience to lead one-of-a-kind outdoor yoga and the SUP adventure on this retreat. Amber embraces meeting individuals where they are and is soulful and compassionate about everyone’s wellness journey. Read more on our Staff page.